The Closed-Loop Controller (CPC-1) automatically adjusts to maintain a set pressure or flow rate in high purity, closed-loop chemical pumping systems to compensate for variables in wafer processes, such as opening/closing chamber valves or clogging filters. The controlled closed-loop system improves process repeatability, increases chip yields, and simplifies automation to save customers time and resources. It also eliminates the need for expensive pressure systems.
The First High-Purity, Closed-Loop Control System
Capable of Temperatures up to 210°C, Dead-Head, and Suction lift! No metals, No O-rings, No Lubrication, No Rotating Parts, No Cooling Jackets!
The CPC-1 provides the world’s first high-purity, closed-loop system capable of generating suction lift and operating at temperatures of up to 210°C. Further, White Knight pumps and pulse dampeners used in the system do not contain metals, O-rings, lubrication, or rotating parts in the fluid path.
The CPC-1 simplifies process automation to save customers time and resources. It improves system reliability and repeatability, eliminates the need for expensive pressure systems, and allows for a complete ultra-high purity, closed-loop system that utilizes White Knight’s proven, non-metallic pneumatic pumps and pulse dampeners to eliminate contaminant risk and allow for temperatures up to 210°C as well as high suction lift.
Closed-Loop Control Systems
White Knight CPC-1 Closed-Loop Control System Setup
The programmable CPC-1 is capable of controlling pneumatic pump systems by monitoring pressure using feedback from a pressure transducer without signal delay, flow using feedback from a flow meter, or supply pressure without feedback control.
In a complete closed-loop control system, the CPC-1 sends a signal to an electro-pneumatic proportional regulator. The regulator applies pressure to the pump. The pump pressurizes the fluid line – causing fluid flow. Sensors in the line send signals back to the CPC-1, which makes adjustments and repeats the closed-loop process. Simultaneously, the CPC-1 communicates to alarms, PLC, or Windows-based computer, allowing it to integrate into various tool designs.
CPC-1 Features & Benefits
- Closed-loop system automatically adjusts to maintain a specified flow or pressure set point
- Plug-and-play integration using industry-standard protocols and simple software interface
- Flow stability in pressure transitions independent of filter loading, viscosity, or temperature
- Maintains line pressure in dead-head without continued cycling of the pump
- Maintains delivery pressure as demand and line restrictions change
- Real-time feedback for supply pressure, flow rate, line pressure, and temperature
- Switch between control modes quickly and easily
- Customizable alarms for control limit, system limit, maintenance, and leak detection
- Input and output communication through analog and digital signals
- Supports full line of White Knight high-purity pumps, allowing for systems capable of high pressures and temperatures. Multiple pumps may be used in parallel operation.