Vesper™ Series of PVDF/PFA heat exchangers offer a variety of solutions for heating, cooling, and temperature trimming of fluids used in ultra-pure manufacturing processes. Vesper™ models are ideal for heating and cooling deionized water, solvents, and Piranha/SC1, among other fluids. Moreover, all Vesper™ heat exchangers feature the efficient and patented Heateflex heating coil. These heaters come either as standalone heat exchangers, or as an integrated heater or heat exchanger. Models are available in 2 kW to 5 kW.
Compact Process Purity
High-purity polypropylene, PVDF, or PFA are used to construct the Vesper’s heater housing. Most importantly, though, the heat exchanger tube bundles are all-PFA to ensure chemical compatibility. All Vesper™ models feature a compact design, with the maximum heating surface in the smallest possible footprint for efficient heat transfer. These heat exchangers are typically 10″ to 30″ tall, and range from 2″ to 6″ in diameter.
Vesper™ heat exchangers come with a microprocessor-based temperature controller in a NEMA-rated external switching chassis. Besides that, this chassis includes all controls and components needed to meet your stringent heating requirements, and easily integrates into current systems. Furthermore, as options, these heat exchangers can also be configured with a Type-K thermocouple and a fluid drain for simplified cleaning.
Vesper™ heat exchangers are available in outputs of 2 kW to 5 kW (dependent on model and customer voltage), and in voltages from 200 VAC to 480 VAC, 1-phase (dependent on wattage). Ambient temperatures are 95º C (203º F) for the shell, and 180º C (356º F) for the tubes. Operating pressures are dependent upon the model.
Features & Benefits
- Ultra-pure PFA process wetted surfaces for chemical compatibility
- Polypro/PFA, PVDF/PFA, or all-PFA heat exchanger shells with PFA tubing
- PVDF/PFA or all-PFA heater options
- Maximum surface area in small footprints to maximize heat transfer
- Compact designs feature 10-30-inch heights and 2-6-inch diameters
- Flexible options enable exchangers to be designed for your applications
- Easy installation and integration into current systems with plug-and-play connections
- Heat exchanger and heater are integrated into one housing in certain models
- Designed to heat and cool fluids
- Features Heateflex’s patented heating coil
- Heat exchanger temperatures of 95°C (203°F) for shell and 180°C (356°F) for tubes
- Models capable of 2-5 kW, dependent model and voltage
- Models capable 200 VAC to 480 VAC, 1 phase, dependent on wattage
- Various fitting options
- Thermal cut off
- Harmony cap
- Type K Thermocouple
Microprocessor-based temperature controller in NEMA-rated external switching chassis provides a full plug-and-play system. Chassis includes controls and all components to meet your stringent heating demands.
VE Models – Heat Exchanger Only
PVDF, FEP, PFA
*VEF3 is a fully automated system.